- RippleX has announced the launch of a community grants program for projects building on the XRP ledger
- The Grants Program will focus on NFTs, Core infrastructure, developer tooling, Developer UX and security
- The team encourages projects focused on NFTs for the first round of grant applications
- There is a June 10th deadline for the first round
- Successful applicants will be teamed up with mentors
The team at RippleX has announced the launch of a community grants program aimed at funding projects that are building on the XRP ledger. The RippleX Grants program is looking for ‘open-source projects that advance the growing community around the XRP ledger’.
Funding will be provided for projects centered around the core technology of the XRP ledger as well as end-user applications. The RippleX Grants Program goes on to outline the following five areas of focus for potential developers willing to participate.
- Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs)
- Core infrastructure
- Developer tooling
- Developer UX
First Round of XRP Ledger Grants to Focus on NFTs
For the first round of applications for the grants program, the team at RippleX has requested developers to focus on Non-fungible Tokens (NFTs) on the XRP ledger. Examples of such NFT projects on the XRP ledger include marketplaces, issuance platforms, wallet support, and tools and services for XRP ledger-based NFTs.
How to Apply and the Selection Process
Interested teams and individual developers are requested to apply online through this online form.
Participants are also requested to build a prototype (not necessarily working 100%) of the project and to avail it on the open-source platform of Github.
The deadline for the first round of applications is June 10th, 2021, with applicants requested to apply early and not to wait till the last minute.
The RippleX team will also be live on the RippleXDev Twitch channel on Thursday, May 27th at 10:00 UTC and 18:00 UTC, to answer any questions regarding the first round of applications.